1. Can projects from outside of Switzerland apply for the seif Awards as well?
Yes, definitely! The seif Awards are not at all limited to Swiss ventures. We are more than happy to receive applications from all over Europe as well, the operations can be worldwide.
2. Can we apply with any technical solution?
Yes, of course! From Low Tech to Deep Tech, there are endless opportunities to use the huge potential of technology to tackle today’s social and/ or environmental challenges!
3. How much does it cost to apply?
It’s free of charge! there is no cost to apply.
4. Do we have to apply directly for a specific category (e.g. scalable solution or responsible business)?
No, you just hand in a general application for the seif Awards. The jury will assign your case to a specific category during the evaluation process.
5. Can I submit my award application in German?
Yes, absolutely! You can submit your application in English or German.
6. My business plan is too short / too long. Can I upload it anyway?
Theoretically yes, but the business plan should not be significantly longer than 30 pages. Please remember that all important information should be covered in the business plan but that the reader should not feel overwhelmed with information. Ask for feedback from a person not involved in your organisation!
7. We already applied for the seif Awards in the past. Can we try again?
Yes, definitely. Every startup develops and changes over time. Among our past year’s winners were several start-ups that won an award only after applying for the second time.
8. What are the evaluation criteria for the seif Award applications?
The jury focuses on the following criteria during the evaluation of applications:
9. We have an updated SRS-report. Can we hand it in instead of the business plan?
Yes, of course. If you also have a business plan, please hand in both documents.
10. When do I hear back from seif?
The applications for the seif Awards are open until 31st of March. After this deadline we will review all the business plans and present them to the Jury. You will hear from us by mid/end of April. However we recommend to block the pitch day 14th of May in your agenda. Please be aware of that we can’t give personal feedback to your application. Thank you for your understanding.
11. Where and when is the Awards Ceremony?
The Award Ceremony takes place in Zurich, 28th of June.
We continously update the FAQs.
Download the PDF file .
Download the PDF file .
The Impact Academy Spring Cycle 2018 started successfully on March, 22 with the Kick-Off Session, where social entrepreneurs of 26 inspiring start-ups met their coaches from UBS and PwC. They are now working together to achieve targeted support for the entrepreneurs in crucial areas of their businesses’ growth phase while simultaneously providing leadership development opportunities for the coaches.
Look through our Brochure for the Impact Academy Spring Cycle 2018 to find out who is currently participating: