Do you believe your investments should have a financial return and create a lasting social impact?
Social enterprises address social and environmental challenges with a business approach. They have explicit financial and social goals, and their positive social impact can be transparently measured. Providing capital to companies that are aligned with these purposes is what impact investing is all about. At the Impact Investors Circle we believe that financial resources, allocated to social enterprises is a tremendous force for social change.
Welcome to the Impact Investors Circle
Founded by seif, Impact Investors Circle is a network of impact investors committed to making a positive impact with their investments in early stage social enterprises. Our members are business angels, family offices and those interested in having a financial return and social impact. The investors in the circle will have the chance to attend an annual congress on impact investment and participate on 4 pitching events throughout the year with 16-20 social enterprises presenting.
Our aims are to:
- Bridge the funding gap for social enterprises in the early stage phase.
- Facilitate the interaction between social enterprises and impact investors.
- Generate a social impact and a financial return on investments.
Additionally and exclusively to our Impact Investors Circle members, seif offers a-year-long investing program, aiming to create a community of impact investors in Switzerland. During the Community Program a group of investors will learn from each other and work with experienced experts to decide on investment opportunities from pre-selected social enterprises. Eight workshops and discussion rounds will take place throughout the year additional to the four pitching events.
How does it work?
The Community Program is based on a pooling-funding approach. That is, social enterprises being invested in are first approved by the majority of participants. Moreover, investments are always done in collaboration with other investors, also members of the community. To ensure that informed decisions are taken, experts will guide the group throughout all the investment phases, including the closing of financial rounds.
If you would like to know more about our Community Program, please contact Prof. Mariana Christen Jakob for more information.
From our blog:
- From CSR to Corporate Impact Venturing - Looking back to the workshop led by Prof. Christen Jakob at Forum ö 2016: Innovation meets Tradition on June 2nd 2016 in Zurich…
- Invest in solar energy: Make an impact and get return on investment - Access to electricity is something that most of us take for granted, we use electricity more or less 24/7 and when the power fails it feels like the world stops for a while – until it’s back again!
- Finance for Change – Investor Bootcamp Berlin - Social Entrepreneurs tackle social and environmental challenges in Europe as well as in developing countries, the ecosystem shows a dynamic and impressing growth.